Join Our Team!
UPDATE 19/02/2022 – We are no longer accepting applicants as we have had lots of interest, thanks to everyone who has applied, we’ll be in touch soon.
We’re looking for budding and experienced freelance writers to create awesome content for polarguidebook.com.
Our philosophy is to provide information that is ‘evidence-based but in everyday language’ so that everyone has access to free, high-quality information about the polar regions, the climate, polar animals, and more.
We’re currently looking for people with a background in zoology, ecology, or animal behavior to create content about animals of the polar regions.
Here are some sample articles like the ones you’d be working on:
- Have an interest in animals and animal behavior.
- Be passionate about writing and able to adapt your tone to everyday Ameican-English.
- Have a qualification (or be in your final year to achieving one) that pits you as an ‘animal expert’ (e.g zoology, ecology, animal science, etc).
- Excellent research skills and ability to use textbooks, scientific journals, and other online resources.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 2 articles per month (roughly 1,000 words each).
- Be able to work to a tight brief and receptive of feedback.
- Competitive pay on a per-word basis (via Paypal).
- High level of flexibility with options to work a little or a lot each month.
- Exposure – your name and social media mentioned in each article you write.
Please fill out the form below if you’re interested. Select candidates will then be given a brief and asked to submit a trial article (you’ll be paid for this). If it meets our quality criteria, we can hope to work together for the long term.