Join Our Team!
We’re looking for budding and experienced freelance writers to create awesome content for polarguidebook.com.
Our philosophy is to provide information that is ‘evidence-based but in everyday language’ so that everyone has access to free, high-quality information about the polar regions, the climate, polar animals, and more.
We’re currently looking for people with a background in zoology, ecology, or animal behavior to create content about animals of the polar regions.
Here are some sample articles like the ones you’d be working on:
- Have an interest in animals and animal behavior.
- Be passionate about writing and able to adapt your tone to everyday American-English.
- Have a qualification (or be in your final year to achieving one) that pits you as an ‘animal expert’ (e.g zoology, ecology, animal science, etc).
- Excellent research skills and ability to use textbooks, scientific journals, and other online resources.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 2 articles per month (roughly 1,000 words each).
- Be able to work to a tight brief and receptive of feedback.
- Competitive pay on a per-word basis (via Paypal).
- High level of flexibility with options to work a little or a lot each month.
- Exposure – your name and social media mentioned in each article you write.
Please fill out the form below if you’re interested. Select candidates will then be given a brief and asked to submit a trial article (you’ll be paid for this). If it meets our quality criteria, we can hope to work together for the long term.